17 August 2006

Bowling for Nellywood

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

- John Calvin Coolidge -


Last night I meet up with a lovely young lady (what a hottie) who was insistent on defeated me in bowling. I am in no way a professional bowler but I'd like to think that I can hold my own in most situations. Miss GDS on the other hand hasn't bowled in years, so she was in for a treat. At least, that's what I assumed. She beat me and not only did she beat me, I had my worst performance in years by scoring only 95 points. I wasn't too happy about the loss but even more disappointed about the 95. But I was determined to win, determined to excel...and we were also taking bets so, yeah, I wasn't trying to lose again! We start game two and Nelly Nandes, the Prince, commences to destroy every pin his path scoring 2 spares and 5 strikes (four of which were in a row), thus crushing his all-time high by scoring 191 points. Meanwhile, Miss GDS was pouting her eyes out because not only did she bowl worse than the first game (she scored only 75), but she lost by 116 points, and I beat my record against her...and I'll brainstorm more reasons and get back to you.

So what's the moral of the story? If you want to beat me in bowling challenge me to one game only. If we play two then prepare for the worst loss of your life! Oh, that sounds so dramatic.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments: